2. Who we are
DataLaws determines how and what type of data is collected as well as what such data will be used for, including the measures it will take to protect such data. To that extent DataLaws is a controller.
Our Registered Address is:
- DataLaws Limited
- 2 Mereworth Drive
- SE18 3EE
- United Kingdom
If you have questions about how we process personal data, or would like to exercise your data subject rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How and Why we collect Personal Data
We collect personal data from you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To initiate and complete commercial transactions with you, or the organisation that you represent, for the purchase of our products and/or services;
- To provide you with information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a service we provide in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- To fulfil a contract that we have entered into with you or with organisation that you represent;
- To manage any communication between you and us, and
- To ensure the security and safe operation of our website and underlying infrastructure.
The table in Section 5 below provides more detail about the data that we collect for each of these purposes, the legal bases for doing so, and the period for which we will retain each type of data.
In addition, and in order to ensure that each visitor to any of our websites can use and navigate the site effectively, we collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet;
Operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our site.
It includes personal data that is collected through our website, telephone and any related social media applications.
In Section 8 below, we identify your rights in respect of the personal data that we collect and describe how you can exercise those rights.
5. Lawful basis for the processing of personal data
The table below describes the various forms of personal data we collect and the lawful basis for processing this data. Our business architecture, accounting and systems infrastructure and compliance organisation means that all personal data is processed on common, Group-wide platforms. We have processes in place to make sure that only those people in our organisation who need to access your data can do so. A number of data elements are collected for multiple purposes, as the table below shows. Some data may be shared with third parties and, where this happens, this is also identified below.